Is SEU accredited?

Southeastern University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees.

This is the Commission that accredits SEU and authorizes the university to offer degree programs and financial aid. This is the same Commission that accredits many other institutions like University of Florida, Auburn University and Georgia Tech. You may contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Southeastern University.

What degree programs are available?

The degree programs offered at our site are listed in the “Degree Program” section of our partner webpage. If you have questions about the specific degree programs offered at our partner site, please contact Cat Robbins (cbrobbins@seu.edu) for more information.

Is student housing offered?

Our recommendation to any student considering our program is an apartment community called City Station. For more information, please visit https://sohillscc.com/citystation

Can my student receive financial aid?

The SEU partner program does afford students the opportunity to apply for financial aid. The most common financial aid awards available are the federal Pell grant, subsidized and unsubsidized student loans, the parent PLUS loan and, for Florida residents, the Effective Access to Student Education (EASE) grant. Students will receive a tentative award letter from SEU’s Office of Student Financial Services that outlines their expected financial aid for the year once the FAFSA is processed successfully. For more information about financial aid, please contact your Site Director or visit the Financial Aid FAQ’s page here.

Please contact Cat Robbins (cbrobbins@seu.edu) for more information.

Also see this page for more information.

My student has already earned college credit elsewhere. Will those credits transfer in?

Like all higher education institutions, Southeastern University has specific guidelines on credit acceptance from other colleges. Generally, SEU will accept credits from other regionally-accredited colleges; however, the transferability of credits depends on the student’s academic performance in those prior courses as well as the course equivalency into the student’s degree program at SEU. Please contact the Office of the Registrar (registrar@seu.edu) with specific questions pertaining to transfer of credits.

How does this benefit me over going to a community college?

When making comparisons between colleges (community college or otherwise), there are typically two factors that are key in the decision-making process: cost and experience. Because SEU strives to make college affordable and accessible, we have structured tuition and fees to be comparable with many community college rates. So, the key factor then is the student experience.

The partnership between SEU and the local church is designed to provide students with both a high-quality learning experience as well as an environment in which they can fully discover and develop their God-given divine design. It is an environment in which students are encouraged, strengthened and challenged academically, personally and spiritually… and an experience through which students build their individual confidence, find their professional purpose and grow as a spiritual leader.
If your desire for your student is to equip them for life beyond college, then the comparison is really no comparison at all. To better understand the experience your student will encounter through the SEU partnership program, please contact your Site Director for more information.

Please contact Cat Robbins (cbrobbins@seu.edu) for more information.

If my student wants to transfer, will the credits earned transfer to other colleges?
Each higher education institution sets their own transfer policies, so there is no guarantee that all credits will be accepted everywhere. However, because Southeastern University is regionally accredited, most if not all credits should transfer to other universities without issue, provided the student has successfully completed each course.
How can I change my major or add a minor?

You can change your major or add a minor by filling out the major/minor declaration form here. You will need to select your major in order for the minor options to display. Please note: since tuition is charged per credit hour, adding a minor will result in additional cost and may increase the amount of time it takes you to graduate.


Do I need to submit a high school transcript if I am a college transfer student?
It depends. If you have acquired less than 60 college credits, you will need to submit a final high school transcript in order to be eligible for federal financial aid.
Do I need to submit ACT or SAT scores if I am a college transfer student?
If you have taken college-level English and math classes, then you do not need to submit scores. If you have not taken (or passed) these classes, you will need to submit scores to avoid being placed in a developmental math and English course.
Do my transcripts need to be official?

Yes, transcripts for both college and high school need to be requested from the institution and sent directly to Chapelhill Church at 5357 Chapel Hill Road Douglasville, Ga 30135. (Attn: Sofia Lafontant) All transcripts must be sealed.

How do I know which credits will transfer in?
Once you are accepted, the Office of Academic Advising will complete an audit of your transcripts, and you will be able to view it on the Student Information System. You can also request a preliminary degree audit through email.
When do I find out about financial aid?
After you are accepted, you will receive an award letter emailed to your SEU email within two weeks. Financial aid cannot be determined prior to acceptance.
Are extension site students eligible for the academic scholarships listed on the SEU website?
No, because extension site students receive highly discounted tuition rates, you are not eligible for institutional scholarships. These scholarships are for main campus students. Extension site students are eligible for federal aid by submitting the FAFSA.
What if I accidentally applied to the main campus?
You should email admission@seu.edu and request to be changed to the extension site or regional campus of your choice.

Contact Us

No matter where you are on your journey, SEU Chapelhill will help become the best version of yourself